I wrote an article about being married at 20, but I know there are some like, really girl. That does not happen to everyone or they may not want that type of life. I get it and like I stated before, I would not recommend it to everyone. But I have a lot of people I know or encounter who are single and tired of waiting for love. The thing about love is that you can’t control how someone loves you or when they come to that point. You can’t control any one… period and I think if you are in a relationship or not, the number one lesson is to know you can’t control anyone. The only person you can control is you. What you can control is yourself and how you present yourself to the world. So here is a list of 10 things to do and think about while you are single and tired waiting for love.
WAIT! But First..
It’s easy to say someone doesn’t understand being single and tired of waiting for love because they aren’t in it. Sometimes we are full of emotion and because we are in the midst of the storm, we can’t see as clearly as someone standing with an umbrella. It’s the same theory that you are better at giving the advice than receiving it. Because if it’s not your situation you are more likely to offer compassion and give clear advice. When a person gives you advice, you take what you need and leave the rest.
Single and Tired of Waiting for Love: 5 Things to do while you wait
- Stay positive– I have a friend that is going through something that she has to tackle day in and day out. But every time the situation is brought up she is positive and speaks highly in trusting God’s plan. No matter what speak highly of your journey.
- Make sure that you matter to yourself– Spend time getting to know the things you like and appreciate.
- Make a plan and organize your thoughts- My girl Marilyn suggest making a vision board , just like you would do for a career. Include all of the things you would like in your relationship, make sure they are substantial goals. Like Faith, Finances, the way he treats you etc. Small characteristic should not be written in stone.
- Non-negotiables- My suggestion is to write down 5 non-negotiables, a little more or less, but you don’t need to over do it. Keep it clear and simple. Think of the direction you would like to take your life. For example if you would like to be married within 2 years and have a child immediately after, don’t settle. These type of list are done a lot in business, but I find it helpful in making life decisions also.
- Find two hobbies- Do something that involves other people, dance classes, volunteering, or afterwork networking. Hobby’s like these push you to not be stuck in your home and keep you socializing. The club does not have to be the only term for “going out.” No one can see you in your home and don’t let work be the only place people see you, get out there. Try eventbrite.com for events in your area. The Second hobby is something that you simply enjoy doing alone or with someone. The point is to have things you enjoy.
Five More Things: Don’t Stop Reading 5+5=10
- Faith- I am a woman of Faith and this has to be a top thing for me. Love in Hebrew means to be reliable. Most likely when you are in love or married, you are going to need to pray for one another through ugly and good times which means you both need to have a reliable type of love. Try reading short devotionals or inspirational books everyday to help your knowledge and understanding for love grow. Trust me girl, it helps.
- Release It- Part of waiting takes a lot of mental understanding of the process of life. Telling yourself daily, “it’s” never going to happen and sulking in your pity will get you absolutely nowhere. Before you know it you are carrying the “I’m single and tired of waiting for love” all in your shoulders. We subconsciously do things all the time we don’t realize. We then internalize it and it translates on our face. So one, tell God, he is everywhere at anytime, two have that one person you can talk to monthly,who won’t judge you. Release it girl!
- Date- I know it may seem so obvious, but a lot of women who have successful careers, give it their all without hesitation, but when it comes to love they don’t bother. Make a commitment to at least(if the opportunity presents itself) go on a date once a month. Have conversation with someone and don’t make it out to be any more than what it is , a date….. Date!! Don’t go on too many in a month, because I’m sure it will get exhausting and bad dates will sometimes cause you to be less hopeful. Find Balance.
- Smile and Treat yourself- Go on the trips and make the plans you want, don’t wait until someone can take you. Grab a friend and Go. If a Friend can’t go, go alone. Part of our issue is, that it’s uncomfortable for us to be alone or treat ourselves nicely when nobody’s watching. Smile at yourself when you walk past a mirror. You’re worth it.
- Trust God’s Plan- Whether you like it or not, you can’t rush God’s plan. Sometimes he may be saving you from something or asking you to see something you are missing. Seek him first and lean not on your own understanding. Trust the process my friend, single and tired of waiting for love will be the last of your thoughts. My prayer is that you take what you need from this list and leave what may not apply to you. Everything is not for everyone, but I have a feeling this is for you. Blessings and until next time….