*This post contains affiliate links, if clicked I may be compensated, to view full disclosure click here*
I’m constantly getting a sweet tooth. It’s like I can’t get away from wanting to get off track with everything sweet. But the crazy thing about that is, It wasn’t until I started to lose weight and adopt a healthier life style that I started to get this crazy sweet tooth. I’m like where did this devil come from. I have always been a meat and potatoes kind of girl. In other words, I preferred the savory stuff over cake. Well fast forward to now, I’m eating more healthy these days and needed a recipe For ice cream, because summer 18 body has to be constructed in the fall. I’m also not a huge ice cream fan. but I had a craving for low carb chocolate ice cream and wanted to see if I could find an make it.
Let’s Be Honest
I bought the new “healthier” ice creams from the store that comes with protein because they are all the rave. Your girl loves them actually, but I wanted to try something more decadent and honestly just to challenge my self at making low carb chocolate ice cream with the things I had in my kitchen. I consider myself an honest person and I’ll be the first to tell say, you can actually get more of the store bought ice cream for the calories in my 1/2 cup recipe that I make. But It tastes so much better, and the taste is what matters right? When I don’t feel like making my low carb ice cream I march to the store and buy one of the popular brands. Like Halo because it’s a really good alternative compared to regular high sugar ice cream. The key to all of this is certainly moderation and to help me get my sweet tooth in check, so I can live to fight another healthy day. Ok, enough talking and on to the recipe.
How to Make Low Carb Chocolate Ice Cream:
- 1 table spoon heavy Cream
- 2 1/2 table Spoons of sugar-Free coffee syrup (vanilla)
- 1/2 cup Atkins Protein shake in French Vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons of sugar-free chocolate chips.
1) In a sauce pan put all ingredients in cold EXCEPT EGGS and bring to a boil. This step is to melt and combine ingredients until it’s smooth. Be sure to stir constantly so you don’t burn the chocolate.
Then Cool mixture and incorporate eggs until also smooth.
2) Once it’s incorporated, add to a zip lock bag to prevent ice from forming on top of your ice cream. After that place your zip lock bag filled with your ice cream mixture in the freezer.
3) Squeeze our back after 30 mins to evenly freeze. after 2 hours it will be completely frozen. If you make small batches for one serving like me, you will have to put it on the counter for a few minutes to get that frozen custard consistency. I like my ice cream to be a little runny and solid so I can have a milkshake towards the end of my chocolate bliss. Yes this is technical a custard, because of the egg which makes it creamy and there you have it.
- Carbs -7g net
- Protein 16 g
- Sugar- 1g
Here’s the thing.
- Eat sweets and things you like in moderation it won’t cause any harm including this low carb chocolate ice cream.
- If you have self-control indulge in a little of the thing you really want rather than a lot of something that doesn’t taste good to you. You are more likely to satisfy the craving.
- Try alternatives to your favorite snacks you might actually like it better. Tip: For me, it’s a mind game. If I’m eating something that is called pizza but it’s really ground chicken made formed into a pizza then I may be disappointed in the taste. But if I call it a ground chicken crust pizza, My mind and taste buds know what o expect. Hey, do what works for you to stay healthy. What are some of your hacks?
Im glad I found this post for I am an ice cream lover. The ingredients and the instructions are easy to follow. Will try this one out. 👍
Thank you for reading. I love the simple ingredients as well
What a tasty looking recipe and easy for me to adapt – thanks! Who doesn’t love ice cream??
Whoa this looks really good. I totally think it’s good to have a little of something you want so you don’t feel so deprived that you blow it. It actually helps me have more self control with food!
Thank you for reading and I agree, self control is a must
This looks like an amazing recipe. I can definitely relate to craving sweets once you decide to start eating healthier. Thanks for sharing your post!
yes the cravings have kicked in a great deal, thanks for reading
Yes, moderation is the key!