It’s January 2019 and I could care less about anyone who calls me a cliche for going to the gym. Don’t let anyone bully you into thinking you are “just like everyone else,” at the first of the year. A part of getting healthy and being healthy is never giving up. I accomplished so much fitness wise in 2018, like running my first 5k and just making better decisions with healthy eating. But this year, I’m on a mission, to lose 100lbs in one year. I would like to reach my weight loss goals and never look back. Listen, as a person who has battled being overweight, my whole life, it’s not easy. But trust me I’m far from where I started.
How to lose 100 lbs in a year?
Losing weight is not hard to figure out. Burn more calories than you consume. It’s the actual discipline that gets to most of us. So I wanted to share with you just how I plan to reach my goal and lose 100 pounds in a year.
- Girl, first you have to get your mind right, if your mind ain’t right, you won’t get anywhere.
- No that your mind is right, we have to remain in the right state of mind. For me, that includes prayer meditation and having an accountability group.
- Think about the end goal, picture it in your mind, hold on to it and never let it go because there will be times you want to quit.
- Now here comes the physical part, moving. Just move. I have said this many times before the start of on what you can do, I promise it will get better and you will. be able to do more later. My Goal when starting is always 20-30mins. And I also prefer the gym. Find out what your favorite work out is, and try everything until you know. You might be surprised.
- Make a list of all your favorite foods, then research how to make those dishes healthier. The key to staying on the plan is to eat foods you actually like. For example, I love chicken alfredo. I add broccoli and switch out the noodles for shiitake noodles, spaghetti squash or zucchini.
- Drink water ma’am. It’s no way out of this. There are so many studies out there as to how much to drink. So just start with 8 glasses a day and then increase. For me, I noticed that I only like water in a bottle. For some reason, I can drink it faster.
- There are so many “diets,” out there, do what works for you. I like the low carb Lifestyle and sometimes keto. It works well for my body. keto sometimes will shock your body if you have a cheat meal and retain the weight.
- Lastly, I suggest buying a clothing garment for your before, during, and after pictures. You need to take progress pictures. The garment should be the size you desire to be. Then take pictures monthly to see your progress. Thank me later.
What are your Health Goals for this Year? Did these tips help you with starting your weight loss journey? I want to know girl so leave me a comment.