This is a sponsored post with Sandwich Bros and BraVoMark. All opinions are mine.
One of the most annoying things as a mom is the fact that my son is a picky eater. Preparing lunch, dinner and snacks become a daunting task I would love not to deal with. My son simply does not enjoy eating things that don’t look and feel appetizing to him and I’m over it, if we are being honest. I know exactly where he get’s it from, his dad. Although my husband eats a lot of different dishes, he generally only eats those foods and nothing else. Ugh do you feel my pain? You ladies know I’m all about making our lives easier while minimizing stress, so I’m always on the hunt to do just that. So when I came across Sandwich Bros it was one thing I could safely add on my list for things my family loved to eat. I have to admit I was nervous and prepared for battle, But the first thing my six year old said was, “mom this is really good.” Shocker!
Does your Family Enjoy Eating Healthy?
With all of that said our family does enjoy eating healthy. My kids love any type of fruit that I give them, so most of their meals will include a fruit. But the Trick is, they will eat green veggies if they are blended up no matter what color it turns into after blending. Yes, they love green smoothies! So our favorite thing to do as a family is blending smoothies. My kids have so much fun adding different fruits and veggies to the blender. But of course I cant just serve them blended smoothies at every meal so I make it more balanced. I figured out my Six year old loves cucumber and carrots as long as they are raw. Interesting enough huh? He also loves the Chicken Melt Flat Bread Sandwiches from Sandwich Bros. Well, my whole family loved them. So Know I have a freezer full for snacks and lunch for my guys.
Sandwich Bros flatbread sandwiches are 100 percent Angus beef and all white chicken with Wisconsin’s cheese and trust me, you can taste the quality. I was so shocked that my kids actually finished the whole thing, because they can be so picky. My favorite was the Angus Beef because it taste just like a cheeseburger without the guilt and every one else enjoyed the Chicken Melt. My favorite thing about the sandwich is portion control. You all know I live generally a low carb lifestyle and the individually packaged sandwiches are cut in half. So you can only have a half a sandwich if you wanted to. These sandwiches make a great snack or lunch and I love the convenience of controlling my portions.
Tips to getting you child to enjoy eating healthy
- Prepare meals together with your child. This way they can be apart of what they are eating. We have so much fun as a family or just me and my boys making meals.
- In some cases try blindfolding you child when trying new things. My son on some occasions will eat and like what I give him. This may not work if the problem is solely texture that causes your child not to eat.
- When trying to introduce more veggies, try putting them in smoothies with added fruit. Some children “eat with their eyes,” and may not like green smoothies. In this case stick to red fruits and green veggies to dictate the color.
- Don’t give up. Keep trying meals regardless if you think your child will like it. The rule in our house is, you have to at least try it before you can get up.
- Lastly I always include one thing I know my child will eat, like fruit. I tell my children to eat the fruit last as a treat.
Bonus: Be patient.
Also, find out more about Sandwich Bros and where to purchase from this Wisconsin located Brand, HERE.
Until Next time my friends….