I need to be transparent, I hope you don't mind. I remember being in elementary school and just wanting life to speed up. I remember just wanting to switch bodies with people I saw on television and live their life. I wanted to be someone other than myself. Why, because that’s how bad I was teased and picked on to the point where
I didn't even want to be myself. Imagine being 6 years old and feeling this way. I don't have daughters but I do have sons and I could not imagine it for them. Yes most kids go through the phase of either picking on someone or being the one teased. In short there where a number of reasons why the problems weren't resolved to build my self-esteem, but here is the point, eventually I did, and I vowed to be the light for some little girl whose light is dim because of the darkness that another person is shadowing. I vowed to not feel threatened by any woman and simple stand with them or cheer them on. This is what you have to understand, if you ask to be like someone, you could end up taking on exactly what you can and cannot see. But if you stand beside someone you can congratulate them on their strengths and pray with them for their weakness, I call it the circle of sisterhood. Those girls who teased me in elementary school had bigger issues than me. So even if you are not a parent help someone’s child realize that some issues and attacks actually have nothing to do with them and that goes for women also.
Today when I see anyone, I tell them whatever great quality they are putting out at the moment' weather it's a beautiful smile, clothing, hair, a comment, or having a positive conversation. Ironically this is never hard for me, because you will find even the most dim lights still shine. Women have a hard time just loving on one another because we are often in competition or feel threatened by each other. Just remember no matter whom you are to give it your all and know that you are truly beautiful, not because you can put an outfit together, or take the best picture. But because you know how to truly be you and that’s most attractive to everyone. I like to think we are more beautiful and powerful when the light hits us all because we are together. Ladies start with you first so we can stand together and end the cycle of bullying ,low self-esteem and jealousy.
5 ways to Be and Remain Confident.
*you will find that this list is more about giving to others* (hmmm).
1. Know that even though your path may be different, or bumpy. You have the same hours in a day and some of us may have to work harder, but we all still have to work at whoever we want to be, no short cuts.
2. Give more compliments than you receive. I realized for me the more I gave genuine compliments, the more confident I and didn’t need validation of confidence from others.
3. Look in the mirror and say affirmations to yourself. You won’t depend on others to make you confident because that’s something you can give yourself.
4. Prayer time, but pray for others as well. Say you have a friend who is up for a promotion and you are looking to be promoted in your job as well. Don't secretly wish you get yours first or hope you don’t get left behind. Pray for your friend. God sees those who remain humble. This also shows you are secure within yourself to know your time is coming when it comes.
5. Take care of yourself. Mentally say and do positive things. Physically, release tension through a physical activity; spiritually connect with God and read your Bible if you are at that point, and read self-help books...connect with yourself.
Share & Follow:
I laugh a lot and cry often, Sometimes at the same time, that may be weird and that's OK, This blog is me in a bedazzled nutshell. Enjoy what I love
This blog does accept compensation for reviews and promotion, products and uses affiliates links for income, All opinions are my own...
FTC Disclosure can be found Here.
Follow Me on Social Media!
What You Missed...